Saturday, April 9, 2016

Combining Two Worlds

Hi All!

It's hard to believe things are starting to wrap up! Exciting things that happened this week: lots of data analysis and the long awaited GALA!!

Last week I shared with you all of the new and exciting data regarding the success of the presentation and the involvement of the school's staff.

For those of you who are versed in statistics and research, you know that in order to apply results and conclusions to a large population, your results must be what is called "statistically significant." Thanks to my wonderful regional youth group advisor's husband and the amazing notes from my time spent in AP Statistics, I was able to create a confidence interval and two-variable t-test.


As you can see.. these tedious calculations didn't exactly give me the results I necessarily wanted. The difference between the two means is not enough to say, that out of the selected population (the school's I attended and collected data from), we have evidence to say that presentations with staff support are always more successful. 

However, this doesn't mean that the results mean nothing! We still know a lot about the schools and areas we mainly work in which will allow us to improve upon our programming (more on this on a later date).

Friday was our annual Gala. As you know, the entire Not My Kid team has been working extremely hard on everything for the Gala from decorations to the silent auction to the programming for the night. Here are some pictures of the beautiful venue and decorations that came together.

Look at those amazing jars!


 Overall, the Gala went amazingly and I'm so lucky to work with such a welcoming and fun staff at Not My Kid that makes even a 15 hour day enjoyable. 

Until Next Time!

Shir

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful gala. It sucks that your data wasn't statistically significant, but at least you can still use it to help the organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay AP Stats! Since it is not technically statistically significant, what do you think are the factors that contributed to this? What can be changed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Nice calculations! I have been doing a lot of those calculations too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shir! I think it's awesome that you were able to translate the skills you gained from your AP Stats class to your work. The Gala pictures also looked amazing! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete